Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Crying it out...not for me!

I have never had a baby who doesn't sleep until now. Amaya likes to go to bed at 8 and wake up around 11, right when I lay my head on my pillow. Oh, and she doesn't sleep in her bed. I attempted to get her to sleep in her crib last night. She slept a few hours woke up, I rocked her pat her back, let her cry. Then I realized something, this is stupid.

Jason and I never sleep when the other one is gone. Lia and Sam sleep together every night. Hailey either sleeps with Madalyn or Shaun or comes in our bed. Have you noticed a pattern here? Why would I try to make my baby sleep in a huge crib all alone? No one likes being alone! We are humans. We crave love and physical touch.

What's with the self soothing? Because children and adults need to go to their rooms and pull themselves togther when they are upset? NO! We go to other people to comfort us! If it works for you great. There is no way I am going to walk out the door with my baby reaching for me and crying her heart out. Am I teaching her to be manipulative, maybe. I'm also teaching her that she doesn't have to be alone and we will always be there for her when she needs us and to buy a king size bed if she's going to have kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment